6.27.2008

The Supreme Court's Decision on Gun Bans

I find the Supreme Court decision on gun bans was correct, but Anthony Scalia had to give one of the most pathetic opinions I have ever read.

He quotes that he goes strictly by the constitution, but in his opinion, he claims the reason we should except the reverse of the gun ban is because a pistol is a better weapon of defense when on is dialing a phone.

I can almost envision the founding fathers thinking about phones and pistols when they crafted the Second Amendment. I am sure they envisioned some of the weapons that have been created in present day. I do believe there should be certain regulations on weapons, but not to the point that it is difficult for the law biding citizen to obtain a weapon.

What is your opinion?

No comments: